Tradeshows, events and fairs in Colombia
Tradeshows, conferences and events make up a major part of Colombian culture. Here is where the opportunities, contacts and connections are made throughout all industries in Colombia. Let´s take a look at the most intriguing and opportunity filled events!
1. Bogotá Book Fair
Since 1988 the Bogotá book fair unites a nurtured group of professionals such as: editors, distributors, representatives of the graphics industry and authors, while providing business opportunities for national and international buyers that come from especially the Andean area, Mercosur, Central America, Carribean and the United States. The International book fair of Bogotá is organized by the International Center of Business and Expositions of Bogotá, Corferias in alliance with the Colombian Chamber of books, and also counts on the support from other entities such as, the Ministry of Foreign Relations, Culture and Education of Colombia, the Mayor of Bogotá through the secretaries of Culture, Recreation, Sports and Education and 22 more institutions.
2. Cartagena Fashion 2012 (May 3 – May 5th, 2012) is a launching platform for the new talents of fashion designers in Cartagena and the Caribbean region. Each year this Fashion show converts into the most viewed showcase in the entire country for being the only event in the city where the new fashion designers are supported on a national level. Two huge and national renowned designers will be invited along with others from Ecuador, USA and Venezuela and 30 national models.
3. The Job Fair (May 3 – May 5th, 2012) is a way for stimulation of the labor force in Colombia. This fair intends to offer tools in order to develop abilities in the active labor population, making it easier their insertion into the labor market. With the Job Fair´s first debut , organized by the Plaza Mayor of Medellin and the newspaper publication El Tiempo, 7,600 people visited the more than 30 organizations that made possible this fair and 5,300 attended academic activities. This is where all the important human resource managers of businesses come together to show the opening slots within their companies and search for the adequate employee.
- Government entities that encourage the generation of opportunities in Pro of the labor development and promotion in Medellin
- Compensation funds with their portfolio of services.
- Businesses interested in contacting a wide range of qualified candidates
- Entities of education that are looking to improve the professional levels of the visitors through their academic offers
- Human resource companies with their service portfolios for the areas of human resources of other businesses.
- Entities that support and assess the entrepreneur culture
4. Campus Party Colombia (June 25th – July 1st 2012) is known as the biggest event of technology, creativity, and digital network of the world. For 7 days, thousands of participants and their computers from different parts of the world come together to share doubts, experiences and carry out any activity related to computers, communications and the newest technologies. Campus Party is the most important internet event in the entire world!
5. Fair of the Colonies (July 12th – 22nd 2012) is the cultural and commercial event that integrates all the regions of the country in one single place. Under a party and regional integration like environment, this fair turns into a platform where the general public has the opportunity to “travel and experience Colombia in one day”, and enjoy a full itinerary with access to the commercial, cultural and gastronomical aspects as well as a wide array of products, services and projects where the most representative part of each department in Colombia congregates.
6. Mining industry (July 26th – July 28th 2012) The center of international business and expositions organizes an alliance with the Cudinamarcan government secretary of mines and energy, to create a specialized event directed towards the service, machines and consumables businesses for the exploration, exploitation and transformation of mine products such as carbon, metallic minerals, non metallic minerals and precious metals and rocks.
These are just a few of the many tradeshows, conferences and conventions that are available to the foreign investor. With so many new doors open, these business opportunities cannot be missed!